|12th track of the album Prophecy|
|Sung by||Asha Rabouin|
|Duration|| Track: 6:03|
"Marš na Drinu": 2:54
|Genre(s)|| "Wings": R&B|
"Marš na Drinu": Brass
|Lyriced by||Max Cavalera|
|Composed by|| "Wings": Max Cavalera|
"Marš na Drinu": Stanislav Binicki
|Produced by||Max Cavalera|
| Previous track|
| Next track|
"Back to the Primitive (live at Hultsfred Festival 2001, Sweden)"
"Wings" is the final standard track of the Soulfly album Prophecy, released in 2004. "Wings" is unique for Soulfly that it is an R&B song with gentle female vocals by Asha Rabouin. This song tributes Asha to her brother Kamau, who passed away at only 19 years old in 2000. The R&B ballad reminiscent of Dead Can Dance and This Mortal Coil lasts two-and-three-quarter minutes before playing a brass band with drums, French horns, trumpets and tuba on the hidden track "Marš na Drinu" (first word is pronounced 'marsh'), followed by Asha's wails before ending the track and the album. Even though "Marš na Drinu" is a Soulfly hidden track, it wasn't recorded by Soulfly as it is the original version composed by Stanislav Binicki in 1916 to honor the Serbian victory in the Serbian War.
Wings all over us Watching us from above Protecting us from this world Protecting us with your sword Wings all over us Calming us when we're sore Even against all odds Guiding us when we're lost Wings all over us Healing the bleeding pain Helping us find a way Making us seize the day Wings all over us Never letting go Everyday I feel your touch Carry me to my home I can feel your soul When I die you come and lift me up Wings all over us To meet the king on his throne Wings all over us Keep our heads up high Keeping our spirit alive Open your arms and rise
- Marc Rizzo – lead guitar on "Wings"
- Bobby Burns – bass guitar on "Wings"
- Joe Nuñez – percussion on "Wings"
- Asha Rabouin – vocals on "Wings"
- Igor Kurtić – drums on "Marš na Drinu"
- Nenad Bećirović – French horn on "Marš na Drinu"
- Danijel Demirović – French horn on "Marš na Drinu"
- Ekrem Maksutović – French horn on "Marš na Drinu"
- Nica Demirović – French horn on "Marš na Drinu"
- Dejan Aydić – trumpet on "Marš na Drinu"
- Roća Demirović – trumpet on "Marš na Drinu"
- Demiran Ćerimović – trumpet on "Marš na Drinu"
- Ćerim Bećirović – tuba on "Marš na Drinu"
- Pearls From Vranje – performer on "Marš na Drinu"
- John Gray – engineering, recording, digital editing
- Sam Hofstedt – additional engineering
- Terry Date – mixing
- Ted Jensen – mastering
- Max Cavalera – production
Live-only songs on various albums